Industrial Design Trainee
Location: Nestlé Research Konolfingen
Company: Konolfingen, Switzerland
Act. Rate: Full-Time
Type of contract: Internship, 12 months
Start date: August 2022
At Nestlé Research & Development Konolfingen, near Bern / Switzerland, we develop new products, processes, and packaging concepts in the areas of Milk and Nutrition for Nestlé worldwide. In addition, we also provide technical assistance to our factories around the world.
We are looking for a motivated candidate with an inquisitive mind to support sustainable packaging innovation projects in the categories of Dairy and Plant Based Products.
A Day in the Life of an Intern in Packaging Development
• Conduct design, packaging, and product research and inspiration scouting.
• Prepare sketches, mock-ups, 3D renders, or movies to present concepts and ideas to different internal stakeholders.
• Support creatives sessions with fresh ideas and help others to visualize their ideas.
• Contribute to the packaging design benchmark by providing analyses and trends.
• Manage exploratory projects around sustainable packaging, bulk, and reusable packaging autonomously.
• Document, report, and present project results internally to the company.
What will make you successful
• Currently student of packaging, product, or industrial design, bachelor or master.
• Passionate for packaging design and fast moving consumer goods.
• Proficiency in English; German and/or French an asset.
• Strong conceptual thinking, quick thinking and excellent communication skills
• Solid command of relevant design tools (Sketching, Adobe CC, CAD)
You will contribute to our team objectives with an inquisitive and creative mind. Your strong interest in food packaging and sustainability, your ability to work in a fast-paced and versatile multinational environment and your service orientation are key criteria for your success. If you are passionate about people, cultures and communication; if you like complex environments and want to make a difference to our company’s performance, please apply with your CV, work samples/portfolio and motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31st, 2022.
For this payed internship at Nestlé, we will provide you with support for the relocation and if possible with a company studio apartment at a preferred rent.
Inserent*in: Nestlé S.A.