The Swiss Surfing Association (SSA) represents the sport of surfing in Switzerland on a national and international level. Since 2018 the SSA is also a part of Swiss Olympics. Counting over 3500 interested persons, around 900 active members, estimated 40’000 – 45’000 regular surfers, the sport of surfing has a big potential in Switzerland.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong web development skills to join our team as a Volunteer Webmaster. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining our website, ensuring that it is up-to-date and fully functional. The ideal candidate will have expertise in WordPress and advantageous Divi Site Builder and be able to work independently to manage website content, troubleshoot technical issues, and improve website functionality.
– Manage and maintain website content using WordPress and Divi Site Builder
– Ensure website is up-to-date with relevant content and graphics in collaboration with other Swiss Surfing teams
– Troubleshoot technical issues and implement solutions in a timely manner
– Perform regular updates, backups, and maintenance tasks to ensure the website’s stability and security
– Optimize website speed, performance and user experience
– Collaborate with other team members to ensure website aligns with organizational goals
– Assist in planning and executing website redesigns and updates
– Monitor website traffic and analyze user behavior to make recommendations for improvements
– Proven experience working with WordPress and and advantageous Divi Site Builder
– Strong understanding of web development and design principles
– Familiarity with image editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop or Canva
– Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– A passion for volunteering and making a positive impact in the community
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer an exciting and varied challenge with a fast-growing sport. Your involvement has a direct impact on the further development of the association and the sport. We are a dedicated and motivated team, which volunteers for the association, the community and the sport. This is an unpaid volunteer position with a flexible schedule. As a Volunteer Webmaster, you will have the opportunity to develop and refine your web development skills, gain valuable experience working with a national sport association, and make a meaningful contribution to the community. If you are passionate about web development, making a difference and in helping to shape Swiss Surfing, we encourage you to apply today!
We are looking forward to meeting you – Aloha from the Alps, since 1992